At Rocky Mount Awning and Tent Company, we serve Rocky Mount, Greenville, and the Outer Banks, North Carolina and surrounding areas with our custom awnings, canopies, and signs. We have been an in-house fabricator of awning and custom signs since 1925, and we can help make your homefront and storefront dreams a reality! We’re a one-stop shop that can create, install, and service our signs, awnings, and canopies for many years.
Here are some frequently asked questions about awnings:
- How do I keep my awning clean? It’s important to clean your awning at least once a year, but we recommend cleaning your awning more often than that. If you notice stains on your awning, you might need to clean it more often. Remember that your awning is an exterior product, so you should clean it often to preserve its beauty and its life.
- Does the fabric color of my awning affect how hot it gets under my awning? Great question! The dark the color you choose for your awning, the darker the shade will be under it. Some fabrics have a lighter color underneath the awning than on top, and this gives a more pleasing shading effect. Color choice has a slight impact for the temperature, but the type of fabric and the ventilation of the installation will have a greater effect on the temperature underneath the awning.
- Are awnings waterproof? Most awnings are water-repellent rather than waterproof. Some awnings may be waterproof as well. Typically, depending on the fabric of your awning, you can sit underneath your awning during any weather that is not severe.
- What are awning support frames made of? Typically, support frames for awnings are made from either galvanized steel or aluminum. These should last a lifetime. You should conduct regular maintenance on your support frames just like your awning; make sure the fasteners and connections are still in good shape.
- What should I look for when I’m choosing an awning professional? When you search for a professional to create and install your awning, you should ask for references of their previous work. Look at pictures of their work as well, and this will give you a good idea of the business’s capabilities.
- Will my awning protect me from weather? If you think it’s safe to be outside, your awning will likely protect you from weather. Most people would not sit outside during a tornado, so think of it that way. If there’s a light rain and you’d like to sit under your awning and enjoy, you should be fine!
For all of your awning, sign, canvas, and tarp needs in the Rocky Mount and Greenville, NC areas, contact Rocky Mount Awning and Tent Company today! Check out our previous work, and let us know if you have any questions. We can’t wait to work with you to make all your storefront dreams a reality.